RE: wipe C on Win2000?

> if  you  have  any good no make that great - fantastic stories to tell
> about  cd  bootable imaging software please tell.  i don't need no bad
> stories  i  have  all  those.  i truly wish i could get something that
> could perform this as well as the old hp's did from the factory.  i'll
> never forget the first time i ever used that recovery cd, how nice.

OK, here's my story about Drive Image.  Last summer, I purchased a HP laptop
that came with Win Me.  Right from the start, I wanted to install Win 2000
there since we all know that Me should not be called an OS.  However, the
drivers that HP supplied for Win 2000 were far from robust, and I could not
get rid of frequent blue "memory dump" screens.  Since, during this time,
the laptop was temporarily my only computer, I had to continue struggling
with Me in my work, while attempting to reinstall 2000.  During this time, I
used Drive Image about 6 times for converting the unsuccessful Win 2000
installation back to Win Me, under which I had installed all the
applications.  Evantually I gave up on 2000, downloaded and installed Win
XP, and that solved all my problems.

By the way, my new HP laptop did come with a bootable CD which is
essentially a Norton Ghost image of the original HD setup.  Drawback using
this CD is the sad fact that once you restore everything from this CD, you
will need to reinstall all of your other applications, data, etc.  With
Drive Image, I could put *everything* back in a matter of minutes.  With
Drive Image, I can run nightly backups of *entire* partitions, store them
over a network on another machine, or write them to CDRW-s directly.  Should
my machine's HD fail or should it suffer a virus attack, I can put
everything back on a new or reformatted HD in 5-10 minutes.  Two mirrored
HD-s would be easy, of course, but on a laptop, for example, it's way too
much to carry around.  Also, you can take the drive image on CD-s and put
them somewhere secure (safe deposit box if you want); you can not do so when
you have 2 HD-s physically attached to the same machine.

Ivo