wipe C on Win2000?

I got Nimda a couple of weeks ago and I am running on my backup computer
while trying to get this mess on Win2000 straightened out. Although Norton
cleaned the virus out of my hard drive in every file except the boot record
of my hard drive. Win 2000 won't let me erase the hard drive! Even when
using their poorly made boot disks that you can create using the Win 2000
installation CD. These boot disks bring up my computer in a mode where it
won't see the hard drives. The instructions with Norton AV is Win2000 has an
advanced operating system and boot disks are not needed. Huh?
Anyone got any ideas on how to delete the hard drive. I even tried to make
some Win98 disks on my Win 98 system. It hangs.

Jim Bronke
Phoenix, AZ