Re: AskResearch Stochastic

Max-

I tried a Metastock formula, which permits one to vary all the
inputs, but couldn't produce a curve exactly like the 5-3-3. What I
find unusual is that the curve runs almost to the top and bottom of
the scale.

Stochastic-Metastock-----------------------------------------------------------

Input:
KPeriods(7),DPeriods(10),KSlow(4),Sellzone(80),Buyzone(20);
Plot1(METAK(KPeriods,Kslow),"%K");
Plot2(Average(METAK(KPeriods,Kslow),DPeriods),"Plot2");
Plot3(Sellzone,"Plot3");
Plot4(Buyzone,"Plot4");
IF CheckAlert Then Begin
  IF Plot1 Crosses Above Plot2 or Plot1 Crosses Below Plot2
  or Plot1 Crosses Above Plot3 or Plot1 Crosses Below Plot3
  or Plot1 Crosses Above Plot4 or Plot1 Crosses Below Plot4
  or Plot2 Crosses Above Plot3 or Plot2 Crosses Below Plot3
  or Plot2 Crosses Above Plot4 or Plot2 Crosses Below Plot4
  or Plot3 Crosses Above Plot4 or Plot3 Crosses Below Plot4
  Then Alert = TRUE;
End;

Function: METAK--------------------------------------------------------

Inputs: KPeriods(NumericSimple), KSlow(NumericSimple);

Value1=Lowest(Low,KPeriods);
Value2=Highest(High,KPeriods);
Value3=Value2-Value1;

If Value3>0 then begin
  If KSlow<=1 then METAK=(Close - Value1)/(Value3)*100
  else
  METAK=Average(Close -
Value1,KSlow)/Average(Value3,KSlow)*100;
End;
if Average(Close - Value1,KSlow)<0 then Metak=0;

On 16 Aug 2001, at 15:32, Max Pierson wrote:

> I developed a system last year using tech indicators
> at Askresearch.com. One of the key parts was the
> "5-3-3 Stochastic". It worked so incredibly well for
> getting me in when there was a black candlestick
> closing below the lower bollinger 20 band followed by
> a white candle topping above the same band accompanied
> by a stochastic crossover and %k crossing above 10%. I
> used some other indicators at the site to fully
> qualify an entry but the "5-3-3 Stochastic" was the
> key ingredient. I cannot get any stochastic using
> TS2000i or Qcharts to look/act like that one. Does
> anybody have a clue what that thing is? Any other
> indicator that acts just like it? I tried different
> smoothing methods to produce a stochastic like that,
> no luck yet.
>
> Max

JFB
NYC