Re: Drummond Market Geometry: Personal update

Thank you Mike for the question as it has engaged me to step back from the
trees to reasses the forest. As a reminder, I stand to neither gain nor lose by
my responses here.

It took me several months to get through the Drummond Geometry (DG) lessons.
Thirty comprehensive, compelling, detailed, chock full of examples almost to
obesity lessons. I then paper traded several futures markets on an EOD basis
for several months with some small success. Though my %win's were considerably
lower than average among DG traders they were in line for beginners and my
paper account was up.

My "day job (ugh)" changed and I was unexpectably able to work from home. That
combined with wanting to reduce my risk profiles, I switched to day trading and
began actual trading, electronic 10yr Treasury Notes. I only trade one contract
at a time as I am still a beginner. I use a daily, 100 tick bar and 20 tick bar
charts.

In short, DG works great! I don't <:-o) Reviewing my trades I find I suffer all
the afflications of a neophyte: overtrading, chasing trades, trading outside
the guidelines of the DG plan. My account is down 17%, my win/loss ratio about
1 and I am only correct 30% of the time. In my defense I must say that I have
experienced intense data issues with ESignal and most of my trading has been
done using only half the available ticks and inaccurate data. Needless to say,
this whacks all of the DG indicators and the plan guidelines. (I am currently
testing and using TSPro.) Because of serious data issues, I feel that I have
been running in 3 foot mud with salt water in my eyes and I will be
recalculating my performance from this new baseline.

Nevertheless, looking at what I now believe to be more complete and accurate
data and my EOD paper trading experiences, I am shocked at how often the DG
methods and indicators are correct almost to the tick. (Please do not misread
me here. If you had just the indicators you would not be able to trade DG. The
methods are an absolute requirement!) Of course nothing works all the time but
looking at the charts I would take DG bets any day, every day. And, the
methodology, view and training offered by DG certainly plays out over and over
again in the charts. As soon as Thomas Alexander gets his fear, greed and wild
mind gently corralled I am certain he will achieve his goals of consistent
profitability.

In conclusion, I would still highly recommend Drummond Geometry. Even more so
now than before! Please feel free to ask again in a few months and though I may
not be answering from my 45' Island Packet cutter off the coast of Tahiti, I
will hopefully be wearing that coveted mantle of independence and success
called "professional trader."

Thomas "That Boy Can Type Something Fierce" Alexander
PS. While I certainly enjoy all the emails of mathematical precision, back
testing, gathering 20 years of data, statistical analysis, I feel very happy to
be unshackled from it. DG is not a mechanical system (the emotionally relaxed
mind is much more powerful) and it only uses the previous few bars for its
calculations. Of course it helps to have accurate and complete data for those
few bars :)  If anyone has any specific questions, please feel free to write.
ta

Mike Suesserott  wrote:

Tom,about half a year ago you gave a description of your first
impressionsregarding the Drummond course. If you're still here, may I ask if
you tradedthe method, and what your experiences were?Thanks and best
regards,Michael Suesserott