Re: Opinions On TS2000i

Hello f x,

the question is very broad but I will tell you where I ended up after
spending way too much time in the last 4 years trying a number of
software/data feed combo's.

Keep ;in mind you'll trade with the whole package--software, data
vendor, data feed mechanism.  Don't eval them separately but as whole
packages.

Your time is very valuable.  The cost of switching from one package to
another is mainly a time cost making the out of pocket portion for
software, setup etc. minimal.

I tried the following data feeds via internet--CQG, , eSignal,
myTrack,  PCQuote, quote.com via Dynastore.  They vary in quality and
reliability but not speed in my experience. I've listed them in order
of the quality/reliability of data.   Thisexperience spans the past 3
years and they may have changed in that time.

I found all internet feeds unsuitable for the kind of intraday trading
I do.  The net has its own problems, your isp has its own, your
datavendor has their.  Add it all up and all too often there is
something wrong.  that takes your/my time from trading research etc.

So-o-o-For the past 14 months I have kept TS200i in its box nd used
TS4 with Futuresource Satellite. (I trade futures only).  My time
fiddling w data maintenance, rrefresh data, downloading and importing
ending June 21, 2000    with this setup.

Keep in mind this works for my criteria:

minimize data maintenance.

99.9% reliable, hi quality intraday data.

futures only.

system trading as well as discretionary.

ability to write my own indicators, systems and test them.

stable charting platform--TS4 is, 2000i isn't.

ability to purchase virtually all commercially available code
(everybody bitches about EasyLanguage but it is the "dominant design"
and  to not use it will cause me inconvenience.).

There are others I'm sure but the point is make your own criteria list
as you do your study   and eval total packages vs individual
components.

 Esp know what kind of trader you are/want to be.  short vs long term,
stocks commod's options or all of them.  Systematic vs discretionary.
are you capable of writing your own stuff in C++ etc or will lyou
learn and use the vendors language?  are the studies you need
avalilable in that language.  will you have one setup or main +
backup?  arethe two fully or partially independent?

Best regards,
 Jim Johnson