From: Gary Fritz <fritz@xxxxxxxx>
To: Omega-List <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, July 05, 2001 9:20 AM
Subject: Re: NTFS vs FAT32

> One advantage of NTFS over FAT32 is reliability, NTFS is much more
> reliable and disk repair applications seldom need to be run on an
> NTFS system.

True.  I've never had to run any kind of disk-fixer in 2.5 years of
running NT.  The system almost never crashes, which certainly helps,
but even in the rare cases where I've had to kill the power without
shutting down gracefully, it comes back up with no problems.  You
won't see that on Win9x, and I suspect FAT32 is the same.

> With NTFS you can create dynamic disk arrangements to group
> multiple hard drives into one large drive.

?  Do you mean you can logically group multiple partitions (on one
physical HD or on several) under one partition?  So e.g. if you have
a huge disk that is broken up into C:, D:, E:, etc for file-system
performance reasons, and another disk with G: and H: partitions, you
could logically arrange them all under C:, so e.g. a directory under
G: could be accessed as C:\Gdrive\foo ?

That's the way Unix has always done it, and I strongly prefer it.
These goofy drive letters "drive" me crazy.  Can you point me to some
info on how to do it?

Gary