Re: NTFS vs FAT32

You can only designate NTFS at the partition level. You can have one
physical hard drive with both an NTFS partition and a FAT32 partition. Some
users like to keep the partition with the operating system FAT32 so if they
have problems booting, they can still access the system files from a floppy
boot for repair. I've never found this to be necessary. They then use NTFS
on the data partition for security. You cannot selectively set directories.

What I would do with your computers is to convert all the partitions on the
Win2k machine to NTFS. The Win98 machine cannot use NTFS, if it were mine,
I would upgrade it to Win2k. Between networked computers, it doesn't matter
if some are NTFS and some are FAT32, they will all be equally accessible.
The Win98 machine doesn't care about the file structure on the Win2k
machine, and vice versa.