RE: showing buy and sell signals

Well, if I understand at least semi-correctly, in this
case I think you should be able to just use a signal
afterall.  Set up a chart with daily bars as data1 and
5 min as data2, again so you can hide the 5 min bars.
Then, as an example only, since I don't know what your
reqt's are for a sell day off the daily data, you
could try something like (requires a bit of polishing
here and there):

Vars:  SellDay(0),HighToday(0),Upside(0),
       SellSetupType2(0);
If MarketPosition = -1 Then Begin
  SellDay = 0;
  SellSetupType2 = 0;
End;
If Time Data2 = Sess1EndTime and Date <> Date[1]
  Then Begin
    SellDay = SellDay[1];
    If {whatever your daily bar reqt's are to
      establish a sell day}
      Then Begin
      SellDay = 1;
    End;
If Time Data2 = 8:35 {start time for 5 min bars}
  Then Begin
    HighToday = 0;
    If SellDay = 1 Then Begin
      SellPoint1 = Open Data2 - XXXX {your measure of
        desired downside distance below the open to
        trigger your first type of intraday sell
        reqt., which could be based on either data1 or

        data2 as you wish};
      SellPoint2 = Open Data2 - {2 ticks};
    End;
End;
Upside = {whatever your reqt. is for how high
  price must go to constitute an upside failure for
  your second type of intraday sell reqt., again based

  on either data1 or data2};
If High Data2 > HighToday Then Begin
  HighToday = High Data2;
  If HighToday > Upside Then
    SellSetupType2 = 1;
End;
If Time Data2 >= 835 and Time Data2 <= XXXX {your time
  limit for what you want to have occur occur}
  Then Begin
    Sell at SellPoint1 Stop;
    If SellSetupType2 = 1 Then
      Sell at SellPoint2 Stop;
End;

Too tired to work any more on this.  A very good idea
you had John.  Hope this helps and let me know if you
come up with something.

Mark