Re: TradeStation Pro Review

--- Bilo Selhi <citadel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> nope,
> there is no scan engine in there yet.
> their ranker just does a very basic
> "most active" type of market scans.
> that's one of the major things that they
> need to work on. if they could do at
> least something like what "Insight" does
> that would be great, ie. a radar screen
> capable of doing intraday scans on the
> entire universe. i think they are
> working on it.

that posted the question of on demand capability.
at this moment say you are scanning everything
using 5 min data that span 30 days - and the
system is local as P.O. mentioned - how will
TS Pro deliver that without screwing up their
computer when all of its users are using it? :)

I have no doubt that in a few yrs on demand will
catch on but we are here trading for a living,
not "in a few yrs" :)

The other interesting thing is that P.O. also
mentioned that the data will become local for
analysis, so if you do complete mkt scan, your
HD will be as messy as with TS4 or TS2000.

About "insight", it is not the only one that
can do scanning like that. Investor/RT can.
Even one of our apps (NeoTicker) can. It is a very
specific type of tool for those who really into
systematic stock trading.

> as far as protecting your systems,
> that's a good question that i have not
> looked into yet. but if you want
> full protection, do a dll on it. i would
> capture outgoing packets and inspect them
> to see if there is anything suspicious there.
> i doubt they would go as far as stealing
> your system from your hard drive, possible
> but not probable. all system files are stored
> on your hard drive and not their server...
> bilo.

Actually my original question is more about
having your set up stored at their computer,
not Omega sneaking in to steal files. Anyhow
I now understand that all stuff are local anyway,
so nothing new.

BTW, sp comstock satellite just upgraded to 768K
here, double speed again :) I wonder how far can
they push the current technology to ?! The current
mkt condition in north and south america takes about
128K to do complete broadcast if the vendor is not
transmitting delay data with the real time stuff.

Lets see how fast newbies in stock trading will
fill that bandwidth. Who want to bet? :)

=====
Lawrence Chan                   http://www.tickquest.com
Innovative Analytical Software for Trading Professionals