Re: Holy Grail Platform -- Best way to do free-form realtime analysis?

at the moment there are no best platform out there
for trading.
all have pluses and minuses but there is no leader.
tradestation used to be but not anymore.
tradelab is not yet and might not be for a while.
i was hoping that traderware would...
cqg is good, townsend is not bad.
bloomberg is a nice one but there is no system
capability.
and then there are smaller outfits like expo,
raven, metastock, custom things here and there.
i guess there is a niche, whoever takes it can make some
money.
the truth is that systematic trading is the thing of the future
not discretionary.
the things i never understood about Tradestation is that it is
a good product but it was clearly not designed by
traders. some very basic and very simple things
are not there, the things that are a standard now and have been
for a few years. those things that are lacking irritate the crap
out of me.
like multiple windows so that you arrange and save your
own layouts,  data on demand, data filtering, global variables,
access to data without a chart...
i mean that's about all i care about, give me that and i will be
very happy. bring yourself up at least to a standard and i will
need anything but tradestation. TRADESTATION or a good
trading platfrom MUST BE
WHAT BLOOMBERG IS + THE SYSTEM CAPABILITY
AT HALF THE COST, THEN IT'S THE WINNER AND
NOBODY WILL BE ABLE TO MATCH IT.
as far as placing the orders automatically, you bet...
already happening and just a beginning...
as far as excell, i don't think so. i mean maybe for end of day...
bilo.