RE: TradeStation.com? Let's Speculate

I believe the answer to the question below "what will make Omega start
thinking of their customer needs instead of intentionally crippling their
products" lies within this list, and most specific at the moment: Mark
Brown.

I do not like Omega´s policy, but I buy Tradestation since their product is
that much better than any other product I have come across. I have to do
some programming of my own, I have to buy and use a Macro facility to do
things Omega knows we want to be able to do, and which I am certain could be
done easier if they released their "real" developer kits.

If a competitor comes up that is good enough, or if they remove enough of
the working functionality (like crippling the product further by forcing us
to put up with only data supplied by Tradestation.com) then I will change to
another product, and so will probably many more.

I do not need to believe the other product to be better, I only need to
believe the other product to be just as good to make the change. Why?
Because I am more convinced that I will get future benefits from a company
that competes on the market by being better than by locking us in without
alternatives, and I will give them my money in the hope that they can strive
harder and reach goals that I benefit from.

We have seen this happen on the market many times. When companies get to
dominant and focus on what they want to push out instead of what the market
wants to buy, they leave an opening in the market for a competitor. In
todays market, so many things are open standard that it is easy to build
further on what is already available. My belief is that if Omega had opened
Tradestation in that way, there would be so many third party additions based
on their engine that they would be untouchable.

If Omega sees another company start getting into that kind of position, by
having similar functionality but being so opened that third party add-ons
realy rallies, then they will be forced to make a change in their policy,
just to stay competitive.