Boycott / stuff TASC survey?

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, William R Wood wrote:

> Just so you know I would definitely vote against Ts2k even though I paid
> good money for it.

Agreed!!!

One possibility is to NOT return the survey, which is clearly misused by
TASC to mislead readers. TASC seems to have a bear market in credibility.
This might reduce the votes for a bad product, but still not enough.

Perhaps a better possibility is to 'stuff' the ballot box. We might, on
this list, agree on an alternative to vote for, instead of Omega. This
might help to bring more competition to the field. It could also be a vote
for a good product, even though not used by the person returning the
survey.  This might help to get an indication of *good* products. At the
least, it could spark some discussion of good products, as opposed to
TASC-endorsed products.

Of course, TASC could have a for/against vote for each one, too - but
that would be *much* too dangerous :-). The truth might slip through if
they did so.

Your thoughts?

Larry