Re: TASC Reader Awards

At 10:15 PM 12/16/99 -0500, The Funkhousers wrote:

>"Nobody votes against what they have paid good money for."
>
>When asked, and I don't know how they are really asked, do you think that any
>of these owners are going to say something else is better?  Most of us don't
>like admitting to ourselves, let alone the general public, that we blew it, or
>the problems that we are having are not really due to our not fully
>understanding the program.

If there is a will to rate the product then an "objective" way to do it
could be devised. As with cars, politicians and trading programs we are not
professional testers and once we bought a product all we could say are we
satisfied with the product, does it delivers what we wanted. How could I
know if my Mercedes is better or worst then BMW if I never driven anything
else but Mercedes? But I could tell you if I am happy with it or not, how
safe and reliable is my car and few other things.

Professional magazines (like TASC) should provide to us (traders) with
professional assessment and comparison of our tools of trade. They should
devise a testing methodology that allow to compare product by important
criteria and after vigorously testing the products provide us with results
(like it is done by car magazines).

Unfortunately, trading industry is very fragmented (big fishes like Soros
and Baffet and Fidelity funds, viruses like me, and a bunch of newcomers
eager to kill the market). Many so called "professionals" that supposed to
support us workers (traders) are oriented on making the killing from the
newcomers selling them incompetent and ridicules advices, software etc. by
the bushels (buckets, tons or whatever).

So Soros could afford to wright his own software if he needs one, newcomers
could buy "Pick of Seven" (or was it "Pick of Five") system that makes
hundred percent return every single day (even when the market is closed)
and I am left in between.

In Between Alex.