Re: Trailing stops are invalid

> It's like the gun lobby quote: "TS doesn't lose money, people lose money."

guns? I have just a few load it cock it and it will set o a table harmlessly
for years.  (like a boxed Ts)  but when I point the business end at a target
and the thing blows up in my face.  I hardly think its my responsibility and
tough shit and all that especially if it is original factory condition with
factory made ammunition.

>Indeed, Mark, don't you use TS to make money? Do you think your own efforts
and skill might have something to do with that?

no see actually I was one of those people who believe that I can go to an
omega seminar and listen to a 20 year old x mcdee tell me how to trade.
(even though he himself has never put a real trade on)  then that list of
solution providers were right there to help me make money too!  not to
mention the officially sponsored brokers listed there as well.  without all
the great help omega provided me I would never have made it.  I suspect the
faulty data spike from the early years when omega denied that they had a
problem catapulted me to stardom.  see there I was one day using the built
in 3 moving average system (that I was sure was only shipped on my disk)
when a big spike in the data made me rich.  yep I was short the yen and it
went to zero.  boy oh boy was I happy that omega never admitted they need a
t port to make the thing run correct.  I have no skills, I owe all to the
company store...Omega and their associates who are of same and like mindset
concerning quality-honesty.

> And, you never answered my first question. Why do you think Jake used
trailing and breakeven stops? Seems the holding period for the trades was a
bit long for that assumption IMHO. Assuming the summary you posted was
valid.

this shows that even though you too have read the manuals and are fully
aware that there is a problem.  that you in fact have no clue what its all
about.  I have continually provided various examples of how these tricks
work.  see there like the markets, there are allot of ways to do a allot of
things.  trailing stops are no different see
http://www.markbrown.com/bug.htm  for an example of the bug in a different
way.  not all systems have to show 0 bars in the number of  days in a trade
to use the advantage of the bug.  so have a little bit of flexibility and
study a little bit, or better yet if your really dumb you can open an
account and try out the bug with real money!  yea that will be the best
thing to do.  so if you don't believe the results I have posted, then you
are accepting ts profitability as truth and if its true then why not make
all that money?

> Not a fan of Jake or Omega, just trying to make a point about personal
responsibility and hard work and effort, or lack thereof.

bullcrap, there's some underlying motive you have.  I just haven't
pinpointed it yet.  mb