Re: the linux myth

i stand corrected.

i checked with my wife's cardiologist and the thoracic surgeon who
performed the last value replacement surgery and he said that they used
such a monitoring device. HOWEVER, he said, if the monitoring device
shut down in the middle of surgery due to bad programming or transducer
failure (his words), the patient's life would NOT be in danger. he also
said that while the heart was stopped for the valve replacement, all
vital functions such a blood circulation and breathing were handled by
machines capable of manual backup in the event of an emergency.

my point is still this: accusing microsoft of endangering one's life
because of an operating system that is faulty by design is nothing
short of irresponsible. if he has the proof, then he go to the proper
authorities. otherwise, it's no more than a hacker myth like the one
that goes "windows isn't done until lotus won't run."

TJ

and that's all i'm going to say about that