Re: the linux myth

Unless this has changed in the last year or so, that is not the case.  I
could pick up a $20 ethernet card with drivers for Novell and at least one
or two flavors of Unix.    If what you say is true, how do the thousands of
Linux, Solaris, and SantaClara Unix systems manage to connect to the
internet?  Are you saying they're all using parallel ports?    There are
many models of ethernet cards made by companies from all over the
world.  If Microsoft was behaving as you suggest, there would (especially
in light of the DOJ lawsuit) have been many loud screams.   -uf