Re: Defragging Win NT (Was: How to get TS2k to run well (was 2K for sale)}

> Gary's experience was largely mine too.  It didn't do the
> defragging job (that is, not as complete) as the defragger I
> routinely use in Win 3.11.

And if this is considered to be a great defragger for NT, what is it
about NT/NTFS that makes it impossible to produce a genuinely good
defragger?

Hell, the MS-provided defragger on W95 is braindead, stupid, and
incredibly slow.  But it does a LOT better job than DK Lite.

Norton SpeedDisk does a great job, very fast, on W95.  The Symantec
website says SpeedDisk 5.0 for NT defrags everything, including open
files and the MFT, without requiring a reboot.  Has anyone used it?
I can't find a price for SpeedDisk alone, but I think it's included
in Norton Utilities 2.0 for $89.95 or less.

Gary