Are Real Time Quotes Actually Useful

Im having a debate with a fellow trader (and myself) about whether to
continue to use RT quotes.  I like RT quotes but Im having trouble
justifying them financially, in terms of the monthly cost and my trading
results, and also aggravation-wise.  Last fall I went to end of day quotes
as an experiment using Ts4.  Used DialData to download over internet.  It
was heaven.  I made more money than ever and had no aggravation.  Continued
to swing trade just like always only I didn;t watch computer all day.  Went
fishing, target shooting, worked in yard etc, plus I studied my stocks and
trading strategies.  Occasionally I would peak at current quote on a
position by checking brokers webpage but I mostly I just looked at EOD data.
Used stops to exit all positions so I didnt have to worry about that.

Then Omega came out with Ts2k in April, I think.  I had always wanted to try
DTN so I bought Ts2k and signed up for DTN.  Now I have aggravation and make
less money.  Ts2k causes problems and I watch positions too close and exit
too soon.  Occasionally I see wild moves and make money buying dips or
selling near the top of a sudden run up.  In reality though I miss most of
these intraday moves either because I'm not watching the right symbol at the
right time or I am chicken or something.

Looking at situation objectively I think RT quotes are distracting and that
my time might be better spent studying mkt and having fun as opposed to
watching ticks or minute charts update.  Anybody else having this dilemma or
anybody have an answer.

Bill Wood