rain-fade

        > Contrary to your
> statements, rain fade IS a problem in the southern US where I live
> regardless of the dish size or LNB

    I'll second that, I have problems in heavy rain too. The signal fades
with high altitude down pours or as we say here in LA, gulley washers. The
alignment is dead center and the lnb is centered focus. I just use my
internet backup during these times. Like everything else technology has not
fully arrived down here in the south. Go figure Mother Nature.

            -=-jimmy-=-