Re: VaporStation

Mark Brown, Jim Osborn & others,

While I was waiting for TS4, and then used TS4 with BMI - I already decided
to switch to another platform for trading ... but, the reality is,
most of the program I tried does not even come close to TS4's capability.
it is like using Microsoft Excel, you may not need everything it has,
but there is some part of it you always use ... though it is huge and
clumpsy.

so, I gave up in searching for such a piece of software but instead
signed up as DBC developer and wrote a program for my own use.

Then here comes BMI merging with DBC's feed, which was expected and
knowing that BMI will eventually die but not this fast, so, I continue
with signing up for the UMDS SDK. This time, I am no longer
bound by the data vendor, and not by omega - and I am very happy trading
with my own program. From now on, I can switch to any data vendor
without losing my data :)

I was pissed by Omega and BMI, but to protect the continuation of
my trading is the number one priority.

For most people like me, their requirement for the real time program
usually is quite simple with some twist only. So, having a customized
program written is not that hard for just the specific need. We have
VisualBasic, Delphi, etc. which are very easy to use.

For those who cannot afford to hire a programmer, or write their
own program, using something like Ensign definitely is a bargain
and one can hold off buying any major trading software until after
year 2000!

And, for those who can wait, may be, just may be, Tradelab is a
good alternative but who knows.

I urge all TS4 owners seek for their alternatives now, or, as a
minimum, have a backup plan. the intro of TS5 implies we longer
need to stay with it, it is like Lotus 1-2-3 meeting Excel ...

Just my thoughts.

-Lawrence Chan
p.s. I still use TS at the end of day looking at daily data!