Re: EasyButNotDocumentedLanguage DLL Questions ;^)

Orphelin@xxxxxxx corrects:
>Dans un courrier daté du 14/12/98 06:17:59 Heure d6iver Pari59 Madrid,
>jimo@xxxxxxxxxx a écrit :
>
>>  The TS 4 docs describe the trig functions without saying whether
>>  they use degrees or radians, one of the first questions a user of
>>  trig functions wants answered.  There is, however, an example in
>>  one of the descriptions, which implies (if memory serves) radians.
>>  But, no, when you actually test the things with print statements,
>>  it turns out that they use the opposite of what the docs imply.
>
>You should check again the  EL manual:
> ( TS4 (c) 1997, 334 pages for this manual)
>
>Page 288, Sine function
>Example:
>Sine(Value1)  Assuming Value1 is 8 degrees, returns 0.139173100, the sine of
>value1.

I stand corrected. Indeed my TS 4 manual (1995) does say that.  I
must have last looked at an earlier manual, probably SC4 which Bill Cruz
gave me to show that typos were no longer an issue (unfortunately the
copy he gave me was full of typos).

My TS 3.5 manual says:

"Assuming that Value1 is 8, the following returns 0.9893582466,
the sine of Value1: Sine(Value1)"

Nice to see they've corrected that error in the 4.0 manual.

Jim