From: Jim Osborn <jimo@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, December 14, 1998 4:12 PM
Subject: Re: Squat

:"anatop" <anatop@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
:>Here is squat for what ever it is worth.
:>
:>{Paintbar: Squat}
:>Condition1 = Ticks[0] > Ticks[1] and MFI(Ticks)[0] < MFI(Ticks)[1];
:
:Um... close, but it's actually: ...and MFI[0] > MFI[1].
:That is, increasing volume AND increasing MFI.
:
:Ol' Bill claims to have invented the concept of MFI, but others
:have pointed out that the concept, in inverse form mathematically
:was really invented long ago by someone else (can't remember who).
:Still, the squat as an indicator that often occurs near turning
:points (what Bill opportunistically calls "fractals") does seem to
:have some value, with enough other stuff around it, and I did first
:hear about the idea from Bill Williams at a TAG lecture.
:
:As far as I can tell, that's the sum total of what Bill has to offer.
:There have been some absolutely scathing reviews of his $5K "course"
:here on this list.  Having studied a bit of real chaos/fractal theory,
:I think I can say that Bill's offerings have absolutely nothing to
:do with that branch of mathematics.  Just popular buzzwords at the time.
:
:Jim
:
: