Re: EasyButNotDocumentedLanguage DLL Questions ;^)

Dans un courrier daté du 15/12/98 06:38:19 Heure d6iver Pari19 Madrid,
wieringa@xxxxxxxxxx a écrit :

>  I'm curious why do you defend OR so much?

Old habits on this list.
Do not worry, I'm a special case as biased as one could be.
I'm a contrarian, you know...(g)

>  I'm not one to bash pointlessly, but in my opinion, there product is very
>  unprofessional for the cost.  There is no excuse the _huge_ omissions I
see.

OK
This is possible.

Could you give us an example of  an existing  trading platform with the same
features than Omega, that is more professional for the cost?

None found ?
So, no compaison possible for the moment.

>  If they put out an incomplete product they should advertise it as such.
>  But no, they advertise it as "Easy" and powerful and the best thing since
>  sliced bread.   Maybe inexperienced computer people are impressed, but I am
>  not.

Easy Language id not difficult for simple things.
For difficult concepts, it is not so easy, but I do not think that they waid
that easy language is easy for anything ( You will need to upgrade to Miracle
Language, still not available).

>  From the little exposure I've had to TradeLab, they seem much more
>  professional.  If so, it should turn out to be a good wakeup call for OR.

Yes.
The important words are "they seem".
"They are" is maybe  right.
But they need to prove that they are better with their documentation, when
released.

Sincerely,

Pierre Orphelin