Re: Overnight action

  • To: Phil Lane <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Overnight action
  • From: "hans esser" <he96@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 13:17:31 -0400 (EDT)

> Actually I was looking at the overnight SP.. There seems to be a definite
> pickup in the action around 530 AM or so. I assume this is related to the
> "foreign markets" opening? So just which "foreign markets" are out there?
> And what time do they open?

PHIL, thanks for the flowers :-))), but neither europe and not even germans wait
till LUNCH time to start the business - if you refer to 0530 NY TIME - thats
1130 on the continent, in germany and even in PO´s Land - even he
{unfortunately} writes to this list 24 hours a day.

But youre right there is a pick up around that time frame, which I always
attributed to US fund managers get out of bed and speak to their european
colleagues and fancy an early punt :-)))

rgds hans