Re: EL's limitations

At 12:42 PM -0400 6/12/98, Owen Davies wrote:

>For one thing, placing an order at tomorrow's open is such a basic
>necessity that omitting it, as I then believed they had, seemed...well,
>let's be polite and just say "excessive."

I missed most of this thread so may not understand your complaint but the
QuickEditor allows you to "Buy next bar at market" which will buy at
tomorrow's open.

>I've run into two more such cases this morning. So far as I can tell,
>there is no way to reference volume and open interest in writing a system.
>There are the Volume and OpenInt indicators (written with the Power
>Editor), but no corresponding functions. If they really have reserved such
>essentials for the big-wallet crowd, I may well stop being polite!

You can simply use the reserved words "Volume" and "OpenInt" to refer to
these values in both indicators and systems.

>As far as I am concerned, holding SC to single-line programs was enough of
>a limitation to differentiate it from their high-end product. (Don't ask
>me what I think about Omega's sleazoid claim that they eliminated the
>semicolon work-around from recent versions of SC because they wanted to
>protect us from something that did not work reliably!)

It is my understanding that all commands and functions of TradeStation work
in SuperCharts so that ELA files created in TradeStation will work in
SuperCharts.