EL's limitations

Thanks to all who answered my question about how
to order a trade on tomorrow's gap open.

Someone commented that he did not understand my
implied criticism of Omega for (as it seemed) omitting
this ability from their low-priced product.  After all,
one can't expect a Cadillac (prefer an old XJ6 myself!)
at an econobox price.

It's a valid point, but several replies come to mind:

For one thing, placing an order at tomorrow's open
is such a basic necessity that omitting it, as I then
believed they had, seemed...well, let's be polite and
just say "excessive."  I've run into two more such
cases this morning.  So far as I can tell, there is no
way to reference volume and open interest in writing
a system.  There are the Volume and OpenInt
indicators (written with the Power Editor), but no
corresponding functions.  If they really have reserved
such essentials for the big-wallet crowd, I may well
stop being polite!

As far as I am concerned, holding SC to single-line
programs was enough of a limitation to differentiate
it from their high-end product.  (Don't ask me what
I think about Omega's sleazoid claim that they eliminated
the semicolon work-around from recent versions of
SC because they wanted to protect us from something
that did not work reliably!)

Then there is the manual.  It's not very helpful to
include a facility, such as a way to reference tomorrow's
open, if you don't tell anyone about it.  I've worked with
computers since 1979 and once even wrote a software
manual (I'm a freelance writer), and I've never seen
a manual that ignored so many topics whose absence
will cripple anyone trying to use the program.  This really
irritates me every time I sit down to use SC.

All that said, I just plain hate the company, for all the
reasons that have been so well documented here and
elsewhere in the Net investment community.  Running
into one more excuse to be mad at them is enough to
make me grumpy, whether the specific case justifies
it or not.  It happens almost every day.

One of my dearest ambitions is to make friends with
the folks at Equis and tell them how to improve their
product enough to drive Bill Cruz out of business.
When I have the time...  (sigh.)

Thanks to all for your help and your patience with the
above rant.

Owen Davies