RE: The most significant event since man walked on the Moon!!!!!

  • To: "'omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: The most significant event since man walked on the Moon!!!!!
  • From: Brian Massey <bnm03@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jun 1998 16:17:25 -0700

David,

You're right.  We do agree.  And so I'll share with you (and the rest of
the world), my very very personal opinion about the advantage of TradeLabs.
 I've been to their web page and this is what I concluded.

Really, TradeLabs will not make you a profitable trader if you are not
already a profitable trader with Tradestation!

Why switch?  I'm sure there are a whole HOST of technical reasons why TL is
cooler (compared to TS4) but I trade just fine with 4.  Why do I need TL?

Also, I don't want to spend time debugging someone else's code.  There's
more new code in TL then in TS5.  A new company will have a long way to go
to catch up to Omega who's been building their company for a long time.  As
you pointed out, once development is over then marketing and networking
become the dominant forces.  All of this take $$$.  Lots of it. And Omega's
already got it down pat.

I've beta tested TS5, it's nice -- and this is from a normally skeptical
programmer. If TL and TS5 are comparable in features then price will be an
important issue.

Per your original letter, I was assuming that you wanted to switch
(up/down??) to TL but were undecided because you didn't know how stable the
company would be.

We seem to agree that it's better to capture the middle of the trend rather
than try to pick a bottom.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Brian.