Re: omega-digest Digest V98 #14

  • To: OmegaMail <Omega-List@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: omega-digest Digest V98 #14
  • From: Michael Flinder <mflinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 08:51:30 -0800 (PST)

Use the "Chartscanner" to test against a directory or list.  You may
enter the lists manually or generate them from prior chartscanner runs.
Include the following  code in your trade station system.

if(LastBarOnChart)
  then Begin
  if( GrossProfit <> 0 or GrossLoss <> 0 or OpenPositionProfit <> 0 )
then
               FileAppend("Trades.csv", GetSymbolName +  ","
                                             + NumToStr(GrossProfit,2)+
","
                                             + NumToStr(GrossLoss,2) +
","
                                             +
NumToStr(OpenPositionProfit,2) + ","
                                             +
NumToStr(TotalBarsWinTrades,0) + ","
                                             +
NumToStr(TotalBarsLosTrades,0) + ","
                                             + NumToStr(NumWinTrades,0)
+ ","
                                             + NumToStr(NumLosTrades,0)
+ ","
                                             + NewLine );
                   end;

You can import this file into your spreadsheet to measure the overall
profitability of your system.  Hope this helps.

Michael Flinder