Re :SuperCharts V.2.x

Sorry for the duplicate, but the previous message was somewhat bugged.
PO.

Dans un courrier daté du 12/01/98 23:08:25  ,Richard Parsons écrit :

<< BTW - I'm not sure that Omega will do anything to help us old SuperCharts
 users.  All they really want us to do is upgrade to Tradestation <g> (for
 lurkers who aren't familiar with the history - the older versions of
SuperCharts
 have almost complete EL programming capabilities - later versions were
 crippled).  Robyn

The older SC version have not complete EL programming capabilities as a fact
intended to be true by Omega Research.
This was possible by using a third party product that was able to emulate the
Power Editor within SC, what Omega never allowed (otherwise, they shloud have
proposed this as a standard or an option).
In fact, old SC with the wild Power Editor was roughly the same than TS
offline daily for a considerable lower price.

Under these considerations, it is not so strange that the latest SC versions
were modified ("crippled") by Omega to forbid this kind of wild use.

It is often strange to me to read on this list some things that are bearing a
lot of logical contradictions.

Omega focuses too much hate here than expectable:
If they succed commercially, it is bad.
If they do not succed with their IPO (considering the Omega stock price), is
is bad too, and the proof that they are bad. (If stocks prices were really a
mirror of the company value, I think that trading could not be possible).
If they officially claim that they will fix the year 2000 problem with a
patch,
it does not decrease the number of messages telling that they will not do.
If they protect their software, it is more bad than bad.
If they release a bugged version, I do not want to think about what will
happen
here.
If they do not release a new version in time to avoid the above problem, they
are bad programmers.

Despite of all above, TS remains an unmatched commercially available
program,even if it's still a 16 bits one.

The truth behind this could be (as we use to say in f
of the butter, the dairywoman,
 AND the smile  of the dairyman in a row"

Sincerely,

Pierre Orphelin
www.sirtrade.com
(We do not sell butter, but Market Profile and neurofuzzy logic)