Re: omega-digest Digest V98 #14

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: omega-digest Digest V98 #14
  • From: Christian Holzner <cholzner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 05:41:29 -0800 (PST)

> At 3:22 AM -0500 1/12/98, WhisprWulf wrote:
> >Does anyone know of software that would allow you backtest using a
> >portfolio of stocks or futures? ( One of tradestations limitations is that it
> >can only test one security at a time ).  Any help appreciated,

If you want system testing at the portfolio level there are only two packages
(commercially) available at the moment - Trading Recipes and Excalibur. If you are
satisfied with gettingthe performance ratios of various (single) market systems
consolidated into a portfolio view there are some programs out there. At least I know
"Portfolio Analyzer" from Joe Krutsinger, "Performance Summary Plus" from Rina Software
and "Performance Viewer" from me.

For a general info on "Performance Viewer" see a second mail marked as "advertisment".

Christian Holzner