Re: Y2K Problems

>So my question remains - has anyone else done any work in this area - and
with
>what results?  Is the current version of TradeStation Y2K compliant?  Robyn

No and no...as far as I know.

Y2K and TS compliance is important to those who trade for a living.  And
the Y2K issue is HERE NOW...in 1998!

WHY?  Try adding any tradeable LEAP or futures contract past Dec.1999.
You'll see what I mean...you CAN'T!  Those who collect deferred options and
futures data are screwed now, not 2 years hence.  And the need for a
software patch is real NOW, not 2 years in the future.

I keep hearing from the "experts" on this list that that the fix is trival,
so don't worry about it.  Well, I'm not a coder, so I take them at their
word.  However, I am worried about not being able to collect data NOW
because of a TS bug that should have been fixed months ago. Omega has known
about it that long, if not longer.  Okay, if it's no big deal, then where's
the patch?  Omega? Solution providers?  If it's SOOOO easy to fix, then
where is it???  And WHEN may we expect it???

Waiting for TS 5 is not a viable solution either.  TS 5 may not be released
for many months.  The need for a patch to collect deferred option and
futures data is immediate.  We should not held hostage by the promise of
vaporware.

As Mark Borown likes to say on this list,  DEMAND Y2K PATCHES FOR ALL OMEGA
PRODUCTS.... NOW!   Omega's primary concern should be providing bug fixes
to its installed base of TS and SC users...if for no other reason than to
promote good will among their customers.