Moving TS

  • To: mrlynng@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Moving TS
  • From: Carroll Slemaker <cslemaker1@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 09:13:59 -0800 (PST)

I moved my installation from C: to E: some time ago and have had no
problems.  I do not remember exactly which files needed to be modified,
but you should, using a text editor, examine omega.ini, tstation.ini,
and all or_*.ini files and the win.ini and system.ini files, all below
your <d>:\windows directory.  I would also examine all *.cfg files below
your <d>:\omega directory.  Finally, I would search the registry for all
references to either "omega" or to "tradestation" or "tstation".  In all
cases, what you are looking for are any references to the specific drive
where your Omega files are currently located.  All such references must
be changed to the new drive.

Changing the registry, of course, is a hazardous operation and you
should not attempt this unless you (1) have backed up the registry and
have a way to restore it if you cannot reboot to Win NT or 95 (in the
event of a problem due to a corrupted registry), and (2)have some
experience with searching and modifying the registry.

Good luck.

Carroll Slemaker