Re: CNBC covering OMEGAresearch

I refer to Omegas press release:

> Omega said that the slower demand was due in part to customer delays
> in decision making

wonder WHY ?

> (in anticipation of new product releases during the first half of
> 1998)

BINGO, but thats ONLY half the story, the TRUTH behind this is
OMEGA's information-policy or better their NON-information-policy,
leaving their customer and prospective customers in the dark as still
not having released any meaningfull infomation about this. Everybody
wants to know what 5.0 can do, what not, when it will be released and
what it will cost ?

I heard thats intended as to leave the competitors non-informed
aswell. Dont be silly - I bet THEY are the only ones who already know
MOST of it - if not all  !

> Ralph L. Cruz, Omega Research's Co-Chairman and Co-CEO, said "While
> 1997, as a whole, has been a strong year, and we are on track in
> executing our business plan and optimistic about 1998, we are
> disappointed that the fourth quarter was below expectations.

If I would need a real-time charting package and NOBODY would answer
the questions above - I would NOT buy 4.0 to stay in the dark, I
would NOT wait for 5.0 - I would just buy a 3rd parties product ! -
Whoever expects something different is on the wrong track. What would
you do ?

> However, even if current demand patterns continue to impact us
> during the first quarter of 1998, we expect that the major upgrade
> releases scheduled for the second quarter will continue to expand
> our revenues, income and overall growth rate."

Do you expect ANYBODY to buy 4.0 in next weeks, if you dont tell the
people how to upgrade to 5.0 at some time in the future ?

BTW: Im a very happy TS 4.0 19.6 user

rgds hans
duesseldof / germany

~~~~~
....and bear in mind
that high reward does not come without its partner high risk !