Re: Signal Data

> Pete <Peter2150@xxxxxxx> notes:
> >In a message dated 97-12-29 12:51:59 EST, he96@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> >
> >> You can ONLY paste it in SAFELY tomorrow, i.e. after todays CLOSE -
> >>  otherwise you will have a GAP in your chart for the time period
> >>  starting someone COPIED OUT, emailed and you PASTED IN - which may be
> >>  quite short if your online all the time or may be longer if the time
> >>  stretches out.
> >
> >Hans
> >
> >          Good Point.   Since you should really do the copy out and paste in
> >with the offline server, that almost for sure means waiting for the market to
> >close.  Doubt if someone would shut down to do the copy out.
>
> I wondered about this problem when I pasted in some SP (24-hr S+P in
> BMI) data late Wed night at contract rollover.  I noticed I
> collected NO globex data the rest of the night/morning, but did
> start collecting again with the start of the day session.  If you
> like to monitor the globex session, this makes for a mighty small
> window to paste.  Or is there a window at all - will you always lose
> the balance of the session in which you paste in?
>
> Jim

JIMO - that thursday was the FIRST active day of the MARCH (h8)
contract, thursday morning was STILL the DEC Globex contract - NO
MARCH GLOBEX at all, in contrast to regular S&P which had MARCH
trading long time before already.

That FRIDAY session (i.e. after close of reg S&P Thursday afternoon)
was the FIRST day for GLOBEX MARCH - mightbe thats the cause for the
combined symbol for BMI - I had/have no problem with DBC, which uses
2 independant symbols for S&P (SP z7 ~> SP h8) and GLOBEX (WP z7 ~>
WP h8)

Pasting in a single day or so of S&P does NOT lead to any meaningfull
loss of data while still being ONLINE. If you have SEVERAL contracts
to PASTE IN I would do it in pieces, i.e. one by one, to give the
server the chance to collect and write some ticks down again in
between.

Hope that helps..........

THANKS FOR YOUR WORK WITH KEEPING UP THIS LIST

happy new year

rgds hans

~~~~~
....and bear in mind
that high reward does not come without its partner high risk !