Re: Signal Data

In a message dated 97-12-29 16:43:05 EST, jimo@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I wondered about this problem when I pasted in some SP (24-hr S+P
>  in BMI) data late Wed night at contract rollover.  I noticed I
>  collected NO globex data the rest of the night/morning, but did
>  start collecting again with the start of the day session.  If
>  you like to monitor the globex session, this makes for a mighty
>  small window to paste.  Or is there a window at all - will you
>  always lose the balance of the session in which you paste in?

Jim

           Two interesting issues.   I am now much less inclined to shut down
in the evening for cut and paste operations.   I have gotten to the point if I
lose 5 minutes I just don't worry about it.   If someone needs enough data
that it will take some time, I just will no longer do it during the week.  If
its one day and I have time I can usually do it in 5 minutes.  That globex
data loss isn't that serious.

         Now the other crazy thing you noticed.  You are still collecting
data, it just isn't charting.   I have noticed in 3.5 crazy things like having
SP8H up, switching to DSP and then back and no chart.  Go to the server,  Go
into the symbol universe, Find the SP and open it with Edit.  Then just close
it and exit the symbol universe, and then go to cleanup and execute the Update
symbol information of portfolio.  Then go back to chart and change the SP to
DSP and plot,  Then change back to SP and all is well.  I experimented.
Skipping any step and the problem persists.  Hope this is gone in TS 4.0 and
up.

                          Pete