Re: Backup to another Computer

Wow, thanks for all the responses!!

> For just 2 computers, you can use the direct connect feature of Win95.
> This hooks the 2 computers together with their parallel ports using a
> special cable.
>
> Regards,
> Paul

The direct parallel cable seems to be what I had in mind.
I tried it using a standard parallel cable I had laying around.
The cable works when hooked to the printer, but the two computers
won't connect through it. Is there a "special" cable that must
be used here?

>I have 2 machines connected like that..Desktop to Laptop..on Win95
>ethernet peer to peer.. It's the best thing since sliced bread..allows
>either to share drives &/or files on the other as local drives..
>Don't fool with the serial/parallel stuff.. If you want a transparent &
>extremely fast connection buy 2 $30 plug&play ethernet cards..
>Install them, let Win95 find 'em, go to Network Neighborhood to connect
>then Map the drives... You'll love it
>Enjoy..
>Robert

Now, I like the idea of shared drives.  We have this capability at
work, in a vast network, but I was not aware though, that it was built
so completely into Win95.  If I would have to buy a special cable for
for the direct method, I'll probably just spring for the ethernet
cards instead, and have it all!

Thanks again,
JP
jpenn@xxxxxxxxxxxx