RE: Backup to another Computer

Is there software that can provide this mirroring function on a 'regular' pc with 2 HD?

Tom Dyste wrote:

> According to Omega tech support the Server must be
> completely shut down to back up all relevant files,
> either over the LAN or to a tape drive or whatever.
> This makes sense technically, but I hadn't thought of
> it before I tried to back up my tic data.

Omega Tech Support's advice is not strictly correct.  It is correct only in
regard to the way most traders backup Omega Server data files.

Every file on a TradeStation or SuperCharts computer can be backed-up to
another drive on the same computer or to another drive on a local area
network computer in real-time by means of a hard disk mirroring system.
Raidteck Corporation <raidtec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> is one manufacturer of such a
system.

They market what they call a "FlexArray" which is an array of mirrored plug-
in hard disk drives.  If a drive fails you can instantly switch to another
one that has identical files or you can unplug a drive from a FlexArray on
another networked computer and plug it into a TradeStation or SuperCharts
computer.

  -Bob Brickey
   Scientific Approaches
   sci@xxxxxxxxxx