Re: Backup to another Computer

  I have thin ethernet between pc's using the built in networking of WFW3.11
on one machine (the TS one) and a second machine (W95).  This works great for
moving data around and also allows sharing of attached printers over this LAN.
Also I can access daily historical data and move it around from machine to
machine.  The built-in networking has been very good, once I got it configured
and working, and I use just 2 cheap NE-2000 10MBps cards and a chunk of coax.

  However, backing up a real-time data source's files over the lan is not an
easy thing to do.  According to Omega tech support the Server must be
completely shut down to back up all relevant files, either over the LAN or to
a tape drive or whatever.  This makes sense technically, but I hadn't thought
of it before I tried to back up my tic data.

Tom Dyste
  Wisconsin USA