Re: Writing DLLs?

  • To: Jim Lovejoy <fastgroup@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Writing DLLs?
  • From: taracent <taracent@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Dec 1997 18:08:45 -0800 (PST)

Hi Jim,

You wrote:

> We are constantly running into the 64kb barrier for ela programs.  Is there some kind of work around?
>
> One aspect we are looking at is writing DLLs....
>
> 1) Am I correct in saying you have to program DLLs with C or some high level
> language?

Up till Visual Basic 5, you had to write in C or C++.  But with VB5, you
can do the same thing.  While it is still no easy task, it is easier
than C.  A good local VB programmer could develop your code for you at a
reasonable charge.  If you do your own, there are some good reference
books out in the market place that help developing ActiveX and DLL type
code.  Just make sure you write your code for TS in the 16 bit version.
While Windows 95 and NT support 32 bit, TS and SC don't.

Good luck and Good trading,

R Tareilo