Re: Writing DLLs?

  • To: "Omega List" <fastgroup@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Writing DLLs?
  • From: "Marlowe Cassetti" <marlowec@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Dec 1997 11:01:05 -0800 (PST)

Jim,

Writing DLLs are a challange for a non-computer-programmer.  If
you know how to program in C or C++ it is not easy to develop DLLs
that will work correctly with TS/SC.  I'm not trying to talk you out
of it just want to open your eyes as to the difficulity you face.

I don't believe there is a translation program available to convert
EL to DLL.  That would be a tough package it develop.

Your other alternative, and one I recommend, is to buy  GlobalPro
from Investment Engineering (Doug Demming).  This package easily
solves the 64K problem since you can chain several systems together
and pass data.  It makes writing large EL programs easier.

Hope this helps ...  Cheers,

Marlowe Cassetti
Colorado Springs, CO