[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Moving average of weekly indicators

Hello everybody,

After a few days, I eventually got enough time to analize this
question. Once again, Roy Larse gave me the clue to solve the problem.
All the time I thought that I was working with weekly data, and that
was my real mistake.

I used a weekly indicator (Weekly RSI-Close), but whenever I tried to
calculate its 21 weeks EMA I did it with dayly data. So I was
calculating the EMA of my weekly indicator during the last 21 days.

Knowing that, I have used a 105 days EMA and, ... I got the EMA for
the last 21 weeks (21 weeks and 5 days per week).

Thanks for your support and specially thanks again for Roy.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Best wishes,

Julio

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "joo_gon" <jgbre@xxx> wrote:

> Hi everybody!
>
> A few weeks ago I started a new post on weekly indicators based on
> daily data. I got some useful answers (thanks a lot for your help, and
> specially to Roy) and from then on, I've been trying to improve my
system.

> At this very moment I'm not able of solving a specific question. I'm
> using "Weekly RSI-Close" formula (from http://www.metastocktips.co.nz,
> What a wonderful site!!) but, no matter what I try, it's imposible for
> me to create an EMA from "Weekly RSI" that really works. In fact there
> are allways diference between the buying entry points calculated by
> Metastock and the plotted chart (and the problem only affects to EMA
> of Weekly RSI-Close).
>
> The easy way I tested (... and I've made a lot of many other different
> tries) is:
>
> EMA:=Mov(Fml("WeeklyRSI"), 21, E);
>
> I think it should work perfectly, but there must be some kind of
> mistake somewhere or something that I'm not having into account ... Do
> you have any suggest?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Julio

<*> Your email settings: