[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: MS Explorer querry

I remembered how to change the setting in the registry for the file
locks issue. However, I don't know if this will fix your problem. I
can't remember everything I did to fix it.

Editing the registry is dangerous business. Make sure you have a
restore point set before you do this or back up the registry.

Run regedit  open

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Jet\4.0\Engines\Jet
4.0

If you have 3.5 and 4.0 You'll have to change it in three places. 3.5
engines jet 3.5  4.0 engines jet 3.x and 4.0

Read the pane. It will have an entry that says MaxLocksPerFile

Open the edit tab at the top and pick modify. That opens the DWord
screen. Pick Decimal. In the Value data box the default is usually
9500 but I've seen it as low as 500. If you are not connecting to a
novel netware server, set the value to 15000. If you are on netware
set the value to 9500 if it is not already set there.

You'll have to reboot the computer before running MS. I don't remember
if this is all I did to fix the problem. I think this is a 322 error code.

Once you've made those changes in the registry, find your history
file, and do a search for any files that have a tilde (~) character in
the front of them. Those are bad news. Delete them. I believe these
are generated whenever an interruption to the exploration happens. If
you don't delete them, they'll cause problems.

If I remember anything else, I'll let you know.

Super

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ppappppapp <no_reply@xxx> wrote:

> I've been having a bit of trouble with certain MS9.1 explorations in
> that after I finish running an exploration, I receive the following
> message in the "rejects" column of the explorer report
>
> Reason for rejection - "Maximum number of securities already locked"
>
> (Please note the word is "Locked" not "Loaded")
>
> The exploration only contains about 150 securities, so i wouldn't
> call that a maximum
>
> I checked the MS manual as well as Google and found no help there.
> The manual on page 390 states;
> " . . .each security that was rejected from the report will be listed
> with a brief description of why it was rejected."
>
> However, it does not offer any explanation on what the rejection
> message means.
>
> Any advise/help on this one would be greatly appreciated?
>
> Thanks,

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: