[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: MS Explorer querry

I solved this problem a few years ago, but my memory is fuzzy on it. I
believe it has to do with a couple of lines in the registry that need
to be changed. As I recall there is a conflict between your network
management software and MS. Even if you don't have a network, there
are controls in the registry for Novell netware etc, and that's where
the problem is as I remember. I'll look around later if I get time and
see if I can recall the fix I used.

As I remember it, if you close MS, reopen it and run the exploration
again the problem goes away for awhile until you hit the conflict again.

Technical support is aware of the problem (or at least the older guys
used to be before they let most of them go). You can call tech support
and if your rep doesn't know the answer ask them to talk to Doc. I
think he knows.

Super

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ppappppapp <no_reply@xxx> wrote:

> I've been having a bit of trouble with certain MS9.1 explorations in
> that after I finish running an exploration, I receive the following
> message in the "rejects" column of the explorer report
>
> Reason for rejection - "Maximum number of securities already locked"
>
> (Please note the word is "Locked" not "Loaded")
>
> The exploration only contains about 150 securities, so i wouldn't
> call that a maximum
>
> I checked the MS manual as well as Google and found no help there.
> The manual on page 390 states;
> " . . .each security that was rejected from the report will be listed
> with a brief description of why it was rejected."
>
> However, it does not offer any explanation on what the rejection
> message means.
>
> Any advise/help on this one would be greatly appreciated?
>
> Thanks,

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: