[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: MS Explorer querry

This is a guess...

Do a Windows search for ~MSFL.* and *.tmp in your data subdirectory.
If you only find a few instances, then use Metastock to open a
security in each of the relevant directory. Metastock will give an
error message. Answer to the effect that the software was terminated
prematurely.

If there are many:

Check if the EMASTER files' attribute has been changed to read only
(It should not be read only).

I do the following:
1. Delete the ~MSFL.* files.
2. Delete EMASTER and XMASTER.tmp.
3. Rename EMASTER.tmp to EMASTER
4. Rename MASTER.tmp to MASTER.

Regards

Stuart

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ppappppapp <no_reply@xxx> wrote:

> I've been having a bit of trouble with certain MS9.1 explorations in
> that after I finish running an exploration, I receive the following
> message in the "rejects" column of the explorer report
>
> Reason for rejection - "Maximum number of securities already locked"
>
> (Please note the word is "Locked" not "Loaded")
>
> The exploration only contains about 150 securities, so i wouldn't
> call that a maximum
>
> I checked the MS manual as well as Google and found no help there.
> The manual on page 390 states;
> " . . .each security that was rejected from the report will be listed
> with a brief description of why it was rejected."
>
> However, it does not offer any explanation on what the rejection
> message means.
>
> Any advise/help on this one would be greatly appreciated?
>
> Thanks,

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: