[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: do you have brain damage?

Seems a personality disorder would be even better since you could
have one personality that would be a bread winner and another that
would be a gambler and a third type that would take it all from both
of them.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jose Silva"
<josesilva22@xxxx> wrote:
> It gets better:

> Antoine Bechara, an associate Professor of Neurology at Iowa,
> suggested that successful investors in the stock market might
> plausibly be called "functional psychopaths".
>
> These are individuals either much better at controlling their
emotions
> or, perhaps, not experiencing them with the same intensity as
others.

> Perhaps Ms Antoine Bechara should take a look at a group of people
> whose whole lives revolves around the practice of observing their
> emotions, such as it is with practicing Buddhist monks.
> I doubt that one could find a saner person than a good monk, but I
> guess that if he then begun playing the markets, he could risk
being
> labeled a "functional psychopath".
>

> "However, there are circumstances in which a naturally occurring
> emotional response must be inhibited, so that a deliberate and
> potentially wiser decision can be made."
>
> I would dare say that one would be hard-pressed to find *any
> circumstance* in life, where potentially wiser decisions cannot be
> made without the clouding of personal emotions.
> If we could all do this with our trading decisions, then we
wouldn't
> need software such as MetaStock.
>

> jose '-)
> http://www.metastocktools.com
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jose Silva"
<josesilva22@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> > "In a study of investors' behaviour, the team from three US
> > universities suggest that people with brain damage can make
better
> > financial decisions than the rest of us."
> >
> > http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,11069-1786949,00.html
> >

> > jose  <:-D

24 Hours. Commission-Free.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RvFikB/9M2KAA/U1CZAA/BefplB/TM