[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: do you have brain damage?

It gets better:

Antoine Bechara, an associate Professor of Neurology at Iowa,
suggested that successful investors in the stock market might
plausibly be called "functional psychopaths".

These are individuals either much better at controlling their emotions
or, perhaps, not experiencing them with the same intensity as others.

Perhaps Ms Antoine Bechara should take a look at a group of people
whose whole lives revolves around the practice of observing their
emotions, such as it is with practicing Buddhist monks.
I doubt that one could find a saner person than a good monk, but I
guess that if he then begun playing the markets, he could risk being
labeled a "functional psychopath".

"However, there are circumstances in which a naturally occurring
emotional response must be inhibited, so that a deliberate and
potentially wiser decision can be made."

I would dare say that one would be hard-pressed to find *any
circumstance* in life, where potentially wiser decisions cannot be
made without the clouding of personal emotions.
If we could all do this with our trading decisions, then we wouldn't
need software such as MetaStock.

jose '-)
http://www.metastocktools.com

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jose Silva" <josesilva22@xxxx>
> wrote:
> "In a study of investors' behaviour, the team from three US
> universities suggest that people with brain damage can make better
> financial decisions than the rest of us."
>
> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,11069-1786949,00.html
>

> jose  <:-D

24 Hours. Commission-Free.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RvFikB/9M2KAA/U1CZAA/BefplB/TM