Year()=Sy) OR Year()>Sy OR (Year()=Sy AND Month()>Sm);
Date:=Cum(Start)=1; {Date}
YearAgoPx:=LastValue(ValueWhen(1,Date,C));

((C-YearAgoPx)/YearAgoPx)*100

It provides a perfectly aligned rate of change (absolutely no drift) for the last one year of trading (updated daily).  Furthermore, implementing MetaStock's "Security" function now allows MetaStock to display charts of as many indexes and ETFs as I wish all in one chart with values that are comparable to one another (apples to apples).  Prior to the one year ago date, prices are still comparable, the one year ago price being zero for any index or ETF compared (of course this would work with individual securities also).  This comparability opens up numerous possibilities.

I try to put as much calculation into MetaStock as possible (as opposed to my plug-in) and your code did the trick in this case.  You never cease to amaze me.  I will make certain that you (and your site) receive credit for your assistance on my web site.  Thank you again.

Best,

Larry Carhartt

MasterDATA
The Only Source for Index & ETF Composite/Breadth Reports, Charts & Data
lc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
818-701-6686