Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Weekly pdi and mdi on daily charts

Hi Philip

> That sounds like the easiest way to handle it. Then I could simply grab the
> PDM and MDM functions from the drop down "paste function" list. Is that
> correct?

If you copy and paste the indicators into the Explorer you'll have to remove all the Input()
functions before the explorer will accept the code. Probably an easier way to do it is use Fml() and
FmlVar() calls. The extra overhead are insignificant compared to that required by PREV.

> As far as changing the defaults is concerned, only two would require
> attention if I'm not mistaken. I think I would tweak the PERIODS in the
> following line . . .
>
> N:=Input("Weekly ADX Periods",1,99,14); X:=1/N;
>
> . . . changing the "14" to whatever value I needed.

Yes, that's correct.

> But changing the Q variable so that it defaults to zero, that eludes me.
> Could you show me how to do that please?

Q:=Input("Display Mode,  0=Static  1=Dynamic  2=Test",0,2,0);

>>You will find that you need quite a lot of history for a 34 weekly period
>>indicator too, 500 daily
>>bars minimum but 1000 would be better. This much history with 3 PREVs per
>>column is going to make
>>things very slow.
>
> Well, there's always dinner to cook.

If I could improve the accuracy of the indicator in the "getting up to speed" area (first 500 bars)
it would require less history. I'm looking at it as time permits. No resolution so far.

> I think that you make a sample of your monthly letter available. Could you
> send me the link?

Look in the files section of this group at
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/equismetastock/files/

Kind regards

Roy
www.metastocktips.co.nz