Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Weekly pdi and mdi on daily charts

Hi Philip

> The way the indicator plots right now, it seems to reflect the PDM/MDM
> values as of the prev. week's close for the entire current week -- this is
> exactly what I want. Awesome!

It will look that way with Friday data in place, but as soon as you add Monday data it will use the
new weeks value as if Monday was the last day of the new week (which it would be). You need the Q
variable defaulting to to "0" to hold the Friday value right through to until the addition of next
Friday data.

To really see how Q values affect the plot youshould test it mid-week (or change the x axis
last-date-loaded), and you should also make comparisins with the PDI()/MD() function results on
weekly charts. You'll notice that my indicator plots correctly on weekly as well as daily charts -
makes it much easier to test against standard functions.

> Final question:
>
> I'm glad to have the Inputs because they make it easy to experiment
> visually. But if I want to use a certain length of weekly PDM or MDM in an
> exploration, what changes do I make so that I always have, say, a 21-week
> or an 8-week PDM/MDM?
>
> Hmmm, not sure I've done very well explaining that. Let me try again. Say I
> want to explore for weekly PDM(34) > weekly MDM(34) or Max(weekly
> MDM(21),weekly PDM(21) or some such.

There are probably several ways you can go here, none of them as simple as you might like.

One way is to make copies of the base indicator, then change the name and defaults for the new
indicator(s).

Another way is to load a complete formula (minus the Input() functions) into as many columns as
required. Getting two formulas into one column is possible (I think) but could be a squeeze, so
value comparisons would probably need to be done in the filter.

You will find that you need quite a lot of history for a 34 weekly period indicator too, 500 daily
bars minimum but 1000 would be better. This much history with 3 PREVs per column is going to make
things very slow.

There's another way to get different user inputs into the Explorer, but I can't see how to apply the
method in this situation.

Let me know if you need further help.

Regards

Roy