Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] MetaStock Reading Material

I have to agree with Andrew. In my other post I didn't directly
answer your post regarding the book you were talking about, but from
the parts of it I've read, I am of the same opinion.

For $250, you should get a lot more than a repeat of the MS's free
programming primer. Fortunately, when I read the excerpts from it, I
was alreay past that point in the learning curve and didn't spend the
money on it.

As you read in my other post, I also agree with Andrew regarding
Roy's newsletter. For selfish reasons, I wish Roy's newsletter had
been here sooner. It's amazing that after all these years of
programming in the frustrating function language, I learn something
new every time I read one of Roy's articles.

One other thing I did to learn coding was copy a lot of code from the
various sites and take the code apart. That's when I started finding
errors. At first I trusted everything published in TASC, but as I got
better at coding I would write my own version of the indicators in
the magazine and found that some of the code published was incorrect
also. Sometimes the errors in it produced only small discrepancies
from the correct code, but the errors were enough to give incorrect
signals.

Equis has told me directly that only about 5% of the people who buy
MS care about writing their own code. I'm sure they know their
numbers but it is somewhat amazing to me that the other 95% find the
built-in functions in MS adequate to do much trading. Maybe that's
why so many people give up after losing money.

--- In equismetastock@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Tomlinson"

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM